Sometimes it takes a world-wide crisis for people to embrace a new way of doing things. Since COVID-19 disrupted our nation’s healthcare system, the use of telemedicine has seen a dramatic rise. Although the technology has been around for a while, patients and providers alike have more fully embraced it in 2020. Now employers are recognizing the benefits of offering a telemedicine plan within their employee health plans. And soon employees will begin to expect it.
Benefits of a Telemedicine Plan
- 24/7 unlimited access to healthcare
- Less time wasted waiting at the doctor’s office
- Fewer child care worries
- Reduced chance of contracting another illness from the waiting room
Through the group health insurance plans we offer, you can elect to offer telemedicine services via the HealthiestYou app. Your employees will have access to doctors and therapists by phone, video or directly through the app. HealthiestYou offers intuitive, patient-centered online tools including:
- High-quality general health, dermatology, back care and mental well-being services
- Alert and reminder tools to keep appointments and paperwork on schedule
- Assistance in finding a provider
- Prescription price search engine to keep medical costs down
- Employer portal for easy access to monthly use reports and enrollment updates
However, the largest benefit of offering access to telemedicine to your employees is that you are promoting better health.