The Medicare Annual Enrollment period began on Wednesday, October 15th and runs through December 7th . A recent blog post from lifehealthpro.com, discussed the changes subscribers can expect for their 2015 plans:
- Base monthly premiums for Part D plans have increased by 2.2 percent, from $32.42 in 2014 to to $33.13 in 2015.
- The number of available Part D plans for 2015 has been reduced to 1,001, a decrease of 14% from 2014.
- The average Medicare Part D plan will cover 3 percent less than the average plan coverage in 2014.
- The percentage of drugs that will be covered with use restrictions increased from 34% to 37%.
- Continuing with the 3% change theme, the number of drugs that will require prior authorization increased from 19% to 22% for 2015.
Confused as to which Medicare program is best for you? The WIFS Team can advise you on finding the one that best serves your health situation. Send us an email, or give us a call at 317.663.4138.